This policy covers personal information about you as a member of indieroad.net (the “Web Site”), including the information we collect through the Web Site, and third party offers, some of which may provide you with additional information about your privacy,
Collection of Member Information
Your information consists of personally identifiable information collected or received about you when you interact with the Web Site. Depending on how you use the Web Site, your member information may include:
- registration-related information, such as name, addresses, email addresses, birth date, and telephones;
- information about your visits to the Web Site and your responses to the offerings and advertisements;
- information about the searches you perform and how you use the results;
- information about the Web Site offerings that you use, and how frequently you use them;
- transaction-related information, such as credit card or other forms of payment, billing or shipping information, or products purchased;
- customer service information about you as a member, such as account history, complaints, and your interactions with the Web Site’s support services; and
- other information specifically related to your use of a particular Web Site offering.
Your member information may also include certain technical information received when you use the Web Site, such as browser, operating system, internet connection, protocol addresses, location, and data relating to malfunctions. We may also collect information about other software on your computer for the limited purpose of protecting your security or improving the use of the Web Site.
Use of Member Information
The Web Site may use your member information:
- to effectively and efficiently operate the Web Site;
- to personalize the information you receive;
- to identify possible threats to your or your computer’s safety;
- to fulfill your requests for products and services;
- to communicate with you;
- to conduct research; and
- to help offer you other products and programs of interest.
We do not rent or sell your member information to third parties. We may share member information in order to jointly present you offers with or on behalf of our business partners, but we do not authorize these partners to use your member information for any other purpose. Except for these joint offers, we will only share your member information with third parties to provide products and services you have requested, or otherwise with your consent
Your member information, including the contents of your private online communications, may be accessed and disclosed in response to legal process; in other circumstances in which we believes the Web Site is being used in the commission of a crime; when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person; or when necessary either to protect our rights or property, or for us to render the service you have requested.
Your Choices about Your Member Information
The Web Site allows you to access your registration, billing or shipping information, and edit this information. Additionally, some Web Site offerings allow you to control what information is collected or used when you use that offering. You can also choose not to receive marketing offers from us by email or online pop-ups.
This preference does not apply to communications that are related to your membership, or the fulfillment of a specific transaction you have requested (for example, a service advisory from us, or an acknowledgment of a purchase order). Similarly, these preferences do not apply to the sharing of information necessary to provide the basic functionality of the Web Site, or information necessary to carry out your requests or specific transactions. Because the choices you make in connection with your member information may not take effect immediately, it is possible you may receive a communication during the period in which your request is being processed.
Our Commitment to Security
There are many ways for you to access the Web Site or other Web Site offerings. Web Site offers you a robust set of tools to help you prevent others from gaining access to your personal information, as well as to help protect against other threats to the security of your online experience.
To help protect the member information you provide to Web Site, we use a variety of safeguards, including:
- technical, administrative, and physical controls
- encryption and authentication systems
- passwords, and an account security question to help verify your identity when making corrections to your member information; and
- non-disclosure agreements with contractors and vendors requiring them to protect the confidentiality of the member information
Your member information may be collected and stored in the United States.
Young people need special safeguards and privacy protection. We realize they may not understand all the provisions of our policy or be able to make thoughtful decisions about the choices available to adult members. We urge all parents to educate their children about online safety and the need to protect their personal information.
The Web Site is intended for children over the age of 13, which will be verified by inclusion of birth date in the registration to become a member. Children under the age of 13 will not be permitted to register as a member. If you are under 13, please do not use the Web Site for any use or in any manner. In addition, we require a credit card for payment of registration and other fees from an individual authorized to use that credit card. Materials for films which are intended for a mature audience will be marked with an appropriate disclaimer.
How to Contact Us
Keeping You Informed about Changes to this Policy